Olevano was first under the jurisdiction of the City of Rome. Later it passed to the Orsini Family with Prince Camillo Borghese (1775 – 1832) as its last Lord, husband of Pauline Bonaparte, Napoleon’s sister. All its history and its charm of the past can be caught walking up and down its center and visiting its central churches. Olevano is the largest centre in Italy which is completely pedestrian.
A poligonal high wall of stones encloses the ancient small centre of Olevano Romano while only three gates – Porta Sambuco, Porta Su and Porta del Sole – give access to its heart.
For this, waste recycling is conducted door-to-door with the help of a funny donkey